Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Air Has a Flavr

I'm still on the topic of dogs. When beginning any relationship, there are things you get to know about each other, and issues are uncovered. My dog has issues, some more serious than the others. Currently the most serious issue is comprised of aspects auditory, olfactory, and infernal.
It is late at night. My wife and I are quietly typing and/or reading and enjoying the peace, and Jack is asleep on the other side of the room, launching an assault on that peace. The sound is like 20 dinner guests eating jello out of champagne flutes. The smell is pungent and vigorous. It changes its character slightly with each iteration so that there is never any hope of acclimation. I fear he might be seriously ill, or possibly dead. I'm going to go poke him. Be right back


He's alive. He's also out of my bedroom. This is a move I support wholeheartedly.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been suggested, by someone very close to me, that if you just remove your hand from your face, you would just get used to the smell.

Zach said...

Getting used to the smell is accepting the problem rather than fixing it.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Some things are not meant for acclamation. Your old dog Molly could clear a room though. Whew. Of course, so could Ian's cat Inky. RIP stinkys.

Great description with the Jello being sucked out of champagne flutes. Hahaha.

word verification: rufch

I rufched when I smelled the stink.

Nathan said...

The worst was Maggie, my parents dog. She delivered a sound like the filtration system on a fish tank and left stains on the floor and upholstery.

Word Verification: Picatele

Brandon and Jenny said...

She left STAINS on the floor? Bleah.

Brandon and Jenny said...

you

Brandon and Jenny said...

need

Brandon and Jenny said...

to

Brandon and Jenny said...

post

Brandon and Jenny said...

more

Word vert: Psychan!