Friday, February 13, 2009

In Honor of the premiere episode of "Dollhouse," AFATC presents: Joss Whedon Pitches a TV Show.


Joss: Ok, so here's the story. There's this girl, who grows up fairly normal. But then one day she's given these amazing powers and uses them to fight evil, though she really just wants to be a normal girl and have a normal life.

Exec: Have you developed any other characters?

Joss: I was thinking there would be this kind of dorky but lovable guy whose always joking around. He'll get a lot of the good lines. And there be another girl whose cute but kind of mousy who'll be her friend. And then maybe an older guy who's kind of a scholar and will be the voice of reason and the conscience for the other characters. Oh, and there'll be this one guy who appears at first to be the antagonist, but who ends up being a good guy. She'll have some sort of close relationship with him.

Exec: And these character's will what? fight crime or something?

Joss: Well, sort of. They basically do good, but they kind of operate under the radar because if the authorities knew what they were doing they'd get in big trouble. Oh, and one last thing. We need to make sure that only like, 25% of the actors have careers after the show is cancelled.


Exec: Consider it done.

*

And do we want him to stop? Of course not. The man's a genius with a formula. Nobody said to Michelangelo, "Hey, instead of all the Madonna's and naked flying babies, why don't you paint a volcano erupting, or a rocket powered bear or something?" No, because they didn't have rockets. Or bears I think. But nobody would have said that anyway, and Michael N' Jello wouldn't have listened if they had, because he knew he had a good thing going.

6 comments:

brian said...

or a rocket powered bear

Oh sweet. Where do I sign up for one o' them? That sounds ideal to use on some of my more zany nemeses.

Brandon and Jenny said...

I only want one if I get to control it. I LAST thing I want is a rogue rocket bear. Holy smokes - can you imagine how scary that would be?

How many nemesi do you have, Bri?

word vert - podho.

cackle.

Nathan said...

Brian do you still have my Firefly? Someone has it and I can't remember who.

Nathan said...

Bantha Podho

word verification: Chesso

Brandon and Jenny said...

I find your lack of posts, disturbing.

word ver: shricang

"The sound brass balls make when kicked by a tuffie."

or

...I can't think of something else.

Oops. Mistyped.
new word: haingly.

That's too easy.

brian said...

Brian do you still have my Firefly? Someone has it and I can't remember who.

Oh geez - I sure hope that isn't me. I *do* have your bioshock tho.

Speaking of which, email/PM me your paypal addy or your physical addy so I can pay you for that.